Conley House is a home, not just a vacation rental. It is well equipped and has first rate furnishings - modern furniture; high end appliances; new, comfortable mattresses; cotton bedding; cozy duvets; and everything you could need in the kitchen from carbon steel knives, cutlery and handmade dishes to a salad spinner and Kitchenaid stand-mixer. We also try to cover the basics like herbs & spices, baking supplies and good olive oil.
- Amazing mountain views from every room
- Super fast fiber optic internet
- 6 private acres in a safe rural neighborhood
- 15 minutes to shopping in Spruce Pine
- Heat and air units in each room so guests may customize their comfort.
- 2 master suites with blankets and linens included
- Business center with an iMac computer and Epson printer with WIFI (coming soon . . . fiber optic)
- Sleeps up to 8: king in master suite, king in guest suite with an additional queen-size fold out couch, 1 plush 22" tall inflatable queen size mattress (can be put in a bedroom, office or the living room), and 1 queen size bed located in the office above the studio.
- 2.5 Baths (in the house only)
- Hairdryer, bath towels, washcloths, hand towels and bath gel are provided
- Large 4K HDTV with bluetooth sound bar and sub woofer
- Xbox One S with two controllers (also works as 4K DVD Blu-ray player
- Smart home features using Amazon Echo Dot
- Gas Log Fireplace
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Jetted Tub (master bath only)
- Heated Floors (master bath only)
- High Efficiency Washer and Dryer with laundry detergent and fabric softener
- Mountain Spring Water on Tap
- Pet friendly fenced-in yard
- Handmade cabinets and countertops by artist Doug Sigler
- Handmade sinks by artist Cynthia Bringle and countertops and base (master) by artist Nathan Blank
- Reclaimed barn wood and handmade details throughout
- Handmade cups, bowls, and service-ware by local artists, like Suze Lindsay, Kent McLaughlin, Michael Kline, John Geci, and many more.
- Original ironwork by Bill Brown and Billy Brown
- Fire pot made by artist Sven Bauer
- Pet-friendly to well-behaved, pre-approved dogs. (Water bowl provided. Guests are asked to bring their own dog bed or blanket.)
- Board games and cards
- Eclectic library of DVDs
- Roku Device for streaming movies and TV shows - including ESPN/ESPN2 sports using SLING app
- Extra-large Weber Classic Charcoal Grill
- Private terrace with teak table (seating for 6)
- Pears, Apples, Blueberries, Black Raspberries, Blackberries, and fresh herbs can be enjoyed by guests in season
Living Area: Conley House is made for entertaining! Featuring an open floor plan with 5 patio doors and many windows, natural light streams into the house. Originally, there were two cabins on the property. These cabins were made into, essentially, two master suites and joined by a common living space. Outside the house, facing the mountains, a terrace runs the length of the house. It is perfect for have gatherings of all sorts!
The living room offers guests a 55" 4K HDTV with bluetooth sound bar, Xbox One S with two controllers (also works as 4K Blu-ray player), a Roku streaming device with house accounts for Netflix, Amazon Prime TV, HULU, SLING and many more! The living room has comfortable sofas and chairs and the space is made more cozy by a gas log stove.
Kitchen: All the amenities: stainless steel (s.s.) gas range, s.s. dishwasher, s.s. full-size refrigerator, garbage disposal, microwave, drip-style coffee maker, French coffee press, tea kettle and a full compliment of cookware, kitchen tools and dishes. The bar also acts as a prep area or buffet and seats 8. (Please do not use the bar or countertops as a cutting board. Cutting boards are provided.)
Master Suite: Offering a king size bed (linens are provided) , a generous closet and an en suite bath complete with a magnified makeup mirror, oversized jetted tub with a view of the hosta garden, separate shower, heated floors, and television with streaming, you'll be in the lap of luxury. Guests will notice the handmade details, like the ceramic sink made by Cynthia Bringle and the handcrafted concrete counter top and the forged steel base both made by Nathan Blank. From the bedroom, sliding glass doors open to a stone patio with a gorgeous view of Black Mountains.
Guest Suite: Like the master suite, it features a king size bed (linens are provided), plus a seating area with a foldout couch. Plus, patio doors open to the terrace and another magnificent mountain view! There is an en suite bath for this room, as well, that include a shower tub combo and a magnified makeup mirror.
Studio Office/3rd Bedroom (available upon request): Located above the artists studio, this space is perfect for those who prefer to have a little added privacy. Though guests in this room will have access to a half bath in the main house, a short walk away (and will need to share showering facilities with another guest), this spacious room features a comfortable queen size bed with blanket and linens, a seating area, game table, desk, iMac computer and Epson printer, and a private deck with railings that are original to the house. The space is available to guests upon request for no additional charge. NOTE: The office is not available when there is snow or ice.
Pet Friendly: We love dogs and welcome well-behaved, pre=approved canines at Conley House. Guests are asked to monitor their pets when in the fenced-in yard, as no fence is escape-proof. Also, pets feel most comfortable with their own place to retreat to that smells familiar to them. Therefore, guests are asked to bring blankets, crates and/or pet beds from home. A water bowl is provided. Please see our Pet Policy for more information on bringing your furry friend to Conley House.